Friday, February 5, 2010

It all started with "what if?"

So many things start with "what if".



What if I take that jewelry making class? What if I take that technique and do this to it? What if I mix this with that (admittedly a lot safer when working at a beading table than, say, a chemistry lab)? What if I take a deep breath and try to sell this stuff?



What if I reach out to the wider beading community I know is out there and share some of my ramblings?



Thus, this blog.



And tonight's installment of "what if"... last time I went bead shopping (seriously, the only reason Benjamin Franklin said that beer was proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy is because Ben didn't have a bead store nearby) I found these quirky little black ceramic-ish beads that look like small branches of coral, with two horizontal holes and a hole through the length of the bead. They don't look like much from this scan, but trust me, they're pretty cool. Wasn't really sure what I'd do with them, but I got a handful of them anyway.



So tonight, I sat down to design something with them. My first idea was going pretty well until I saw some fabulous grey agate, just waiting to be invited to the dance. "What if I put those together? What if I put them on an angle? Hmmmmm....."



Picture of the results tomorrow!

No comments: