Sunday, September 30, 2012

Wherein The Waldo Bead is Located and A Studio Begins To Move

The other night, when I was working at the bead table much later than I should have, I dropped a bead that was crucial to finishing the second earring in a half-completed pair onto the Oriental carpet in my studio.


It was too late, too dark, and too tiny a bead for me to worry about at that moment (although you will note that I took time to document my klutziness here).  I nicknamed the wayward bead "Waldo" because it was impossible to spot, and went to bed.


However, the sun rose, I arose, and Waldo Bead was located.  The earrings were completed, and as promised, here they are:

Can't get the photo to rotate the right way.  Imagine this 90 degrees to the left....

Coincidentally, as part of our plans to get our house ready to put on the market (time to downsize), I'm moving my studio to another room in the house.  Because our daughter is now nearly done with graduate school and only comes home for visits, I've appropriated half of her room.  Great light, and look at that carpet -- SO much easier to spot the wayward escaping beads!

The move is nowhere near complete, but it's getting there!

7 comments:

Therese's Treasures said...

Beautiful earrings Bobbie they remind me of Mardi Gras! The new temporary bead room looks great and I like all the natural light.
Therese

KJ said...

Glad you found your bead. The earrings are wonderful.

Good luck on the moving, wait until you see what you rediscover in the process.

AntiquityTravelers said...

yeah! you found waldo :) beautiful earrings - glad you found it

Kepi said...

So glad you found "Waldo"' the earrings are gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is a perfect studio. I love the table.

Christine Altmiller said...

love the earrings...and the new work rug!

Alice said...

Yay, I'm glad you found the wayward bead. Those earrings are gorgeous! I love your new studio.