Friday, April 12, 2013

BSBP7 Reveal! Hooray!

If you're looking for the Hats Off Challenge sign ups, go here!

The spectacular Lori Anderson is throwing another world-wide celebration of creativity, the Bead Soup Blog Hop.  My partner this time is the astonishingly talented Nancy Dale. If you don't know her work, go check it out here, and check out the beautiful things she created with the soup I sent her here.

After seeing Nancy's work, you can perhaps understand why I was a little nervous about doing justice to the soup she sent me. ("A little nervous" = "shaking in my shoes, staring at the wall and murmuring mantras to myself")

And in Nancy's case, "soup" = "soups".  She sent two distinct colorways, both featuring lampwork by JulsBeads.

gorgeous turquoises, creams, sterling, gemstones, and seed bead mix

warm greens and golds, vermeil, seed bead mix
I started with the turquoise mix, wanting to use as much of Nancy's soup and add little (or nothing) from my own stash.  I know it's a sign of hell freezing over - denying myself the excuse to go bead shopping!!  But seriously, Nancy spoiled me so completely, there was really no need to enhance it.

The first piece, a necklace, uses many of the lampwork beads, turquoise and jade beads, crystals from the seed bead mix, sterling spacers, and the silk ribbon that Nancy had tied the bead soup package closed with (too pretty to waste!)  All I added here was my own handforged clasp, and the textured silver rings.


Nancy and I are both beadweavers (though I realize I'm flattering myself to put myself in the same sentence with her name), so I had to do a freeform peyote piece.  I detached the triple strand portions from the clasp, and used the toggle and loop here.



And what would a soup be without a few pairs of earrings coming from it?


Lampwork, turquoise, sterling spacers
Peyote woven bead mix, turquoise, jade, sterling spacers

Sterling triple strand clasp used as earring components, shells, bead mix

There is very little of the blue soup left over!

Then I tackled the green mix, and landed in the middle of a vision that I could only partially complete before time to share.  But if your stomach is strong enough to handle it in its immodestly incomplete state, here it is:


Nancy does some amazing bead embroidery, so I really wanted to do at least one embroidered piece.  I used the green focal as the center of the medallion, and did a play on the bead's tendrils (which have a beautiful blue luster) as an inspiration of the blue tendrils that spread out.  The rest of the medallion was to be filled in with a mosaic of the seed bead mix from Nancy, but I was worried that it would be a little bulky - so I cut out small amorphous shapes from the backing to echo the shapes between tendrils on the focal. Eventually, when the backing is added to the medallion, I'll do a bead edging around each of the cutouts with gold 15s, and edge the outer edge as well.  It's honking big (about 5" across!!), so the necklace that it finally becomes part of will be a real statement!

Thank you Nancy, for being a great partner and a good new friend.  Thank you Lori, for being the hostess with the mostest once again.  And thank you, for staying with me through this extremely long post.  I'd love for you to leave a comment before you go enjoy the eye candy at these other blogs!

Agata Grygiel
Ali McCarthy
Alice Craddick
Amy Severino
Ana Krepel
Andra Weber
Andrea Glick
Andrea Trank
Anitra Gordy Boyers



Annette Rivers
Anu Tuppurainen
April Grinaway
Audrey BĂ©langer
B.R.Kuhlman
Barbara Bechtel
Barbara Mason
Becky Pancake
Beti Horvath
Billi RS Rothove



Bobbie Rafferty
www.beadsong.blogspot.com   You are here! Thanks for stopping by!
Brandi Burdick
Candida Castleberry
Carol Dillman
Carolyn Gebert
Carolyn Lawson
Caron Reid
Catherine King
Cathy Jakicic



Chandra Merod
Charlene Jacka
Cheri Reed
Cherrie Fick
Cherrie Warzocha
Cheryl Brown
Cheryl Dunham
Cheryl Foiles
Cheryl Gangle



Chris Eisenberg
Chris White
Christina Miles

Christine Murrow
Cindy Ritchie
Clare Etheridge
Cory Tompkins



Cris Peacock
Cynthia Abner
Debbie Rasmussen
Debi Levine
Deborah Brooks
Deborah Read
Debra Behrends
Dorota Żerańska
Elaine Robitaille



Elsie Deliz-Fonseca
Emma Todd
Erin Guest
Evelyn Shelby
Evie and Beth McCord
Francy Inman
Ginger Bishop
Gloria Allen
Hajer Waheed



Hope Smitherman
Ilenia Ruzza
Ilona Hegedűs
Ine Vande Cappelle
Jackie Ryan
Janine Lucas
Jean Peter
Jean Wells
Jeanne Steck



Jelveh Jaferian Johnson
Jennifer Cabic
Jennifer Reno
Jennifer VanBenschoten
Jenny Davies-Reazor
Jenny Kyrlach
Jenny Robledo
Jessica Brower
Jill MacKay



JJ Jacobs
Jo-Ann Woolverton
Joanne Tinley
Johanna Rhodes Nash
Judy Robinson
Juli Cannon
Julia Gerlach
Julie Bowen
Julie Panusis



K Hutchinson
Karen Martinez
Karen Vincent
Karen Williams
Karin Slaton
Karyn Bonfiglio
Kat Douglas
Kate Dufour
Kate Mulligan



Kate Richbourg
Kathleen Gallant
Kathleen Lange Klik
Katie Nielsen-Nunez
Kay Bolton
Kayla Potega
Kelli Jacobson
Kelly Patterson
Kelly Ramstack



Kiersten Kern
Kim Sparks
Klaudete Koon
Klaudia TĂłth
Krista French
Kristin Oppold
Kym Hunter
Lana Kinney
Laura Guenther



Lauren Fenty
Leah Curtis
Lennis Carrier
Linda Murphy
Lisa Johnson
Lori Anderson
Lupe Meter
Lynn Jobber
Mandi Effron



Marcia Dunne
Margareta Saari
                      
Marianne Baxter
Marie Covert
Mary Ellen Parker
Maryse Fritzsch-Thillens
Megan Milliken
Melissa Meman
Melissa Mesara



Michaela Pabeschitz
Michelle Tucker
Mimi Gardner
Mischelle Fanucchi
Monica Phillips
Mowse Doyle
Nancy Boylan
Nancy Dale
Pat Haight



Patina Queen
Patty Miller
Pia Kaven
Rebecca Anderson
Rose Johnson
Roxanne Blanc
Sarah Goode
Sarah Singer
Sarah Strover



Shalini Austin
Sherri Stokey
Sherry Baun
Sheryl Stephens
Silvia Sernicola
Solange Collin
Stacie Florer
Stacy Alderson
Stephanie Haussler



Stephanie LaRosa
Sue Burleigh
Susan Bowie
Susan Kelly
Susan of Libellula Jewelry
Susan Sheehan
Suzanne Fragiacomo
Tammi Sloan
Tammie Everly



Tania Hagen
Tania Spivey
Tanya Goodwin
Tanya Wiles
Tari Kahrs

Theresa Buchle
Tiffany Smith
Tina Holden



Tracey Nanstad
Tracie Dean
Tracy Bell
Tracy Kruse
Veralynne Malone



92 comments:

jennifers jewels and junk said...

wow! What an assortment of soup. Just lovely. Love the bead work.

Unknown said...

Very cool soups :) Your pieces are really pretty. Great brooch!

la mar de bonita said...

Hmhmhm - yummy colours, beautiful bead soup, my dear!

coffeeaddict said...

Awesome soup! Your pieces show your are very versatile designer and know how to have fun with your beads. I love the unfinished piece and I hope you'll post the finished work :-)

Freestyle Elements said...

Awesome pieces and creativity! Love how you worked the soup into a full course meal! Great job!
Gina H

Cath Thomas said...

you made really gorgeous pieces with those lovely beads! my mouth fell open when I saw the embroidered piece!

Anonymous said...

Those earrings are incredible and I love how you've used ribbon in the first necklace, fantastic work

NEDbeads said...

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't tell you how much I adore each and every piece you created, Bobbi!! You are much much much too flattering in your descriptions of me, your talent is boundless and I am equally awestruck by YOU, lovely lady! I really love each piece you made (and how you used the ribbon!!!!!), but my absolute favorite must be the embroidery piece you're still working on... how spectacularly fabulous is THAT?!?!?!? Thank you soooooooo much for being such a wonderful partner and new friend, and I am so very glad we got paired up in BSBP! Now, I'm off to share your blog link anywhere I possibly can to show off your gorgeous work!!! :D

Unknown said...

Great jewelry! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your seed bead work. The freeform bracelet is a stunner!
I’m in the third reveal. Can’t wait.
http://vintagememoriesjewelry.blogspot.com
kathy

bead addict said...

Hi there, I just had to leave a comment to say how beautiful your designs are. I could see myself wearing the first necklace! I really like the free form peyote bracelet and think the tube earrings are a great idea :-)

Unknown said...

I love the colors in your soup, and love the first necklace, it is so feminine, the rest of your pieces are beautiful too.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous soup, and absolutely gorgeous creations!

Juli Cannon said...

Bobbie, I'm more than a little gobsmacked. Your pieces are each beautiful, so very unique and thoughtfully composed. I can not wait to see that medallion in a finished necklace~ you are a girl after my own heart.

Unknown said...

Love your bead embroidery piece!

inaurem said...

Such an insteresting work :) Really beautiful pieces you've made!

Unknown said...

Your necklace is simply elegant. Wonderful work!

Unknown said...

Great bead embroidery, please post the finished piece I'd love to see how it turns out.

vovsblog said...

Beautiful work well done!

Unknown said...

Awesome creations!! Love the first necklace and the earrings are to die for!
I think you worried for nothing :-)

Happy Creating
Tracie
http://homeofthepurskey.blogspot.com

Karen Williams said...

Beautiful Bobbie! I can't decide which I like better your freeform bracelet or your in-progress bead embroidery piece! I love the way you incorporated the voids into your bead embroidery. Reminds me of both labyrinths and Mayan or Aztec designs.

bailaora said...

what a wonderful freeform peyote bracelet!my favourite:), but free style embroidery is also awesome!congratulations!

Karin Slaton said...

Bobbie, how I would love to wrap that freeform bracelet around my wrist and call it mine. All your designs are just brimming with energy - you WILL show us the completed medallion right? Can't wait to see that one finished!

SwallowtailJewellery said...

Love all your creations - stunning!! Beautiful bead soup!

Cheryl said...

Absolutely brillant pieces. The beading on them is superb. I loved the color combinations. Great job.

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

Oh Bobbie, what beautiful work! You are so great at what you do!!!
jean xox

Anonymous said...

You did that on purpose!!!! Now I have to find your blog again to see how you finished that amazing centerpiece. Diabolically clever. I hate cliffhangers.

gelfling50 said...

Holy cow girl you are amazing with those seed beads...It is horrible of me to say but I am envious of your talent with those little suckers...I haven't started learning the use of those yet . I have to admit I am a bit scared to even try. lol...I love all your pieces they are stunning. ty so much for sharing with us all, bye for now and Happy beading
http://jaacquelinesjewels.blogspot.com/2013/03/bead-soup-blog-party-reveal-is-here.html

Chelle said...

Your designs are by far my fav of the hop so far. I love turquiouse and your designs are stunning.

Laney said...

You don't give yourself enough credit, your beadwork is lovely. I love the bracelet and the earrings, and that large embroidered piece is fab :)

Liz said...

Oooooooo Ahhhhhhh WOW!!!! As I scrolled down it just kept getting better. The freeform peyote bracelet and the earrings, mmmmmmmm delightful. Then the bead embroidered piece at the end knocked my socks off! The cutout areas really flow with the piece. I can't wait to see how it all looks once the backing is on. Your work is so inspirational.

KJ said...

Wonderful as usual Bobbie. You had some beautiful beads to work with. Can't wait to see the final piece.

Linda Sadler said...

Beautiful pieces. Love your beadwork! I can't imagine the time you have in these.
Linda

Katy said...

What great colors you got! I love everything you have done with your beads!

onthepondcreations.blogspot.com

Katy said...

What great colors you got! I love everything you have done with your beads!

onthepondcreations.blogspot.com

Jean A. Wells said...

Love the turquoise set and yes, I have the stomach for the medallion. It is magnificent. It would be fabulous as a brooch on a wool winter cloak. It's amazing. You should be proud of yourself! Great job.

Catherine King said...

I've been an admirer of Nancy Dale for quite awhile now. You have done her Soups justice. Just beautiful.

Giorgia Rossini said...

I love all your pieces, I think it is a very difficult technique!
I love the peyote earrings
I'm on the 3rd reveal, I'm partecipating for the 3rd time on BSBP, what a fun :)
ciao dall'Italia

Unknown said...

Wow so much gorgeousness from all those goodies!!!

Unknown said...

All your pieces are amazing! I already love the unfinished piece, so I can't wait to see what else you had in mind for it. :)

coolmoon said...

Yay! Seed beads! LOVE that freeform bracelet....

Ren said...

Mind = blown. Stunning creations with a lovely soup!
xx Ren @ Renlish.com

Kepi said...

Bobbie what a great job, I love love love the free form bracelet. All your pieces are gorgeous.

Jo-Ann said...

As a beadweaver, I am always amazed by those who can do freeform beading. Bracelet is beautiful. Look forward to see the finished medallion.

Lori Jean said...

What an amazing set you have created from such beautiful beads. Gorgeous my dear!!!

AutEv said...

Your freeform piece turned out SO lovely! There's a special place in my heart for jewelry that uses lampwork so beautifully! - Julie

Unknown said...

Wow I love the colors and each piece turned out beautifully.

Dry Gulch said...

Wow! What a wonderful Bead Soup. Your work is terrific.

Vicki Cederquist said...

The bead embroidery is awesome.

ladelizchica said...

Beautiful designs and colors love all of them.

Tara P. said...

Gorgeous pieces! I truly admire seed beaders!

Unknown said...

The combination of the cream with the focus of the necklace is gorgeous. Hats off for the free form peyote. I've never done will with it myself. I have to say my favorite are the earrings with the teal spacers. They remind me of my son wearing headphones for his computer game.

Dolores Raml said...

You created some really gorgeous pieces, love your beadwork. CAn't wait to see how you complete your pendant, it's awesome already.

Unknown said...

Beautiful soup, I love the colors and all the nice♥ details!The embroidered bracelet & ear rings are my favorites!

PiPa said...

Every piece is beautiful, but the medallion is stunning!

EWA gyöngyös világa! / EWA's World of Beads! said...

Fantastic jewels!Congrats!

Jewels By Ine said...

The colors are so soft and beautiful! I love how you combined the ribbon with the beads!

Mags said...

These are 'my colours' ;-D I love the earrings!

Therese's Treasures said...

Oh WOW Bobbie, your tallent never is a disapointment. The first necklace is so pretty and carefree would look very nice with a summer outfit. The freeform bracelet is beautiful. I am still a little intimidated by freeform. Love the earrings. I can not wait to see the finished necklace that will be the home of the gorgeous focal piece.
Therese

Krafty Max Originals said...

oh my goodness, that freeform bracelet is beautiful!!! You did a beautiful job!! ~KM 1st reveal - http://kraftymax.blogspot.com/2013/03/7th-bead-soup-blog-party-reveal-33013.html

Jean said...

Stunning work!!

Peikkonen said...

That's some advanced embroidery o_O

april grinaway said...

Omg... Amazing bead work!

Unknown said...

Your freeform bracelet made my FAVS list!!

Check it out: http://vintagememoriesjewelry.blogspot.com

kathy

Cheri said...

Love the soup you received and the pieces you created!

A Polymer Penchant said...

oh so fabulous! Again, I'm thinking i really must try this freeform peyote. Your pieces are simply gorgeous and the peyote earrings are so unexpected and just lovely. That bead embroidery is so detailed I really enjoyed a good long look, what fabulous work you do!

Unknown said...

beautiful soups between partners and exquisite design results. I am forever in awe of beadweavers. I love them all but especially the necklace with the ribbon.

Unknown said...

Amazing Pieces. Love what you did with the soup

Billi's Paper Batiks said...

You did great things with two great soups. Waiting to see the finished medallion.

Kumi Fisher said...

Nancy sent a beautiful soup and you did an amazing job making gorgeous pieces! The necklace is to die for!! Wow!

Ann said...

Great pieces and so many of them. I love all of the earrings, they look so fun. Both the necklace and bracelet are beautiful too and you have a great start on your final piece.

YeeLen Spirit Designs said...

very beautiful work, I love all of them

Alice said...

oooh- I like every single piece you made. The freeform peyote is one of my fav things to do. Great job

Unknown said...

Absolutely amazing! Love the freeform bracelet and can't wait to see the bead embroidery piece when it is finished!

BluMoon said...

Wonderful soup, I love your first necklace such lovely colours!
Jackie

ACBeads said...

All your pieces are gorgeous. I love the turquoise seedbead earrings. Excellent work.

m.e. said...

I am always in awe of free form bead work . Your designs are Gorgeous !

AntiquityTravelers said...

WOW what a collection of beady goodness Bobbie! beautiful work as always! and that last piece is a complete masterpiece!!

Libellula Jewelry™ said...

Your first necklace is absolutely my style and everything else is beautiful, too!

fairiesmarket said...

You did a great job with your mix! I saw your necklace on pinterest and the lamp work earrings are so pretty and unique.

baymoondesign said...

All of your pieces are beautiful!

CraftyHope said...

I've got to apologize for taking so long to get over here. But your designs were definitely worth the wait. OH MY GOODNESS!! You've definitely created some show stoppers. That large pendant is really amazing. You outdid yourself for sure. :)

Unknown said...

your earrings are stunning and the necklace is gorgeous. Your work is stunning.

gite said...

You have get an amazing soup and you made so stunning jewellery. Cant say what i like most. Okay, i love the colors, your freeform pieces are marvelous and also your earrings. Great. Have to search for more superlative words ;-)
Thanks for sharing these wonderful eyecandies
Greets Gite

Kathleen Lange Klik said...

Both soups and your designs are stunning! I especially love the embroidered focal that you created!

Becky Pancake said...

WOW!! your pieces are great. Very creative using the clasp as earrings. Your bead embroidered piece is very cool. Thanx for sharing it.

Sarah said...

Oh, wow! Those are all so elegant! I'm intrigued by how the embroidered piece will turn out.

Shai Williams said...

Such a lucky lady. I adore the soups you were sent...both of them.

I just love the necklace that you made along with those matching earrings. It really makes me want to break into my stash of Juls' beads.

Shalini Austin Metalsmith said...

Mmmmm.... tasty! Love that Brooch :-)

moonsafari said...

Well you received an amazing bead soup but you could make it even more amazing. My jaw kept dropping deeper and deeper ans I was scrolling down your blog post, and then I saw your bead embroidered piece. WOW!!!

Anonymous said...

Bobbie love your bead soup and the creative way you used them! One day we will have to meet for coffee! Then maybe a bead date. Deanna

Maneki said...

Fab jewellery! It all look just fantastic, but my fave's the first pieces. Lovely necklace!

Just Beads said...

I really love the simple necklace and the matching earrings. Very nice work!